♥
b
4
2
;
}
&fortytwo;
est. 220108'
Batch 42
the people.
Ern Tian.
Jie Xi.
Shu Ning.
Hui Peng.
NYNPCC
BATCH42♥
the people.
42.
quality is better than quantity :D
Ern Tian.
Jie Xi.
Shu Ning.
Hui Peng.
NYNPCC
BATCH42♥
Batch 42
crappings ;
as part of my after-POP-reminisce(?), I was going through our posts from Sec 1 all the way to Sec 4... and it was really really O::: I guess while we were busy with everything NP, we didn't realize how much we've grown in this 4 years!
crappings ;
This post at the start of writing was the 445th post, but now it is the 447th post
Monday, July 25, 2011 ( 10:00 PM )
as part of my after-POP-reminisce(?), I was going through our posts from Sec 1 all the way to Sec 4... and it was really really O::: I guess while we were busy with everything NP, we didn't realize how much we've grown in this 4 years!
Squadmates (we rarely use that word to address each other but it seems apt now), I will really miss you all! Even though we all have really different personalities, even though we've never managed to reconcile our differences, we've gone through this 4 years together, and it I know it will always be a valuable memory to all 4 of us.
Remember when we were Sec One? We had a permanently low self-esteem, haha. We always wondered how we will go through this 4 years. It seemed impossible enough for any squad, let alone for just 4 of us. But, somehow, looking back, somehow we've managed to do what we'd thought was impossible.
Somehow, I still don't think the concept that I've already POPed has sunk in fully, yet. It's weird
cuz based on all of your posts and facebook updates, it seems that you all have already realized that we have POPed. But it hasn't really hit me yet, actually. Which isn't surprising, given that I've always been slow on the uptake. Logically of course I know that but. as I told 45 after POP, somewhere at the back of my brain, I still believe we have a few more years of NP -.- I just can't accept that this is ending!
I should say some things to the people I'm grateful to hehhh
ex-ma'ams: Thank you ma'ams for taking the time to attend our POP (: and thank you Huicong ma'am, Yi Jung ma'am, and Glenda ma'am for the notes (: they made me see how much we've grown ma'ams (: and also maybe i'd just like to thank Zhiying ma'am? lol. Idek but Zhiying ma'am wrote to jx in her POP 2008 card, "Always try your best to do your best to be your best in NP." and for some reason after jx showed it to me, it's stuck with me for this 3 years:) maybe it was meant to be an amusing motivational quote... but for me it became something like a mantra. If something is worth doing, do your best (: yeah basically... it has just stuck with me. Yeah so if you see this ma'am, thank you ma'am(:
SQMS: some of what i wanted to say is above hahaha, but I'd like to do some personal dedications as well.
It's weird, we started our first act on a totally wrong foot -.- shuning was the only punctual one, jiexi and I were hiding in the toilet and didn't dare to come out (lol omg i think we hid for more than half an hour), and huipeng wasn't even in our squad yet o.o and when she did come the first thing we did was to sabo poor widdle thp into being squad timer HAHAHA. anyway, thank you sqms, I know I'm really blur and slow and useless sometimes, so all I actually do is drag our squad's standard down, specially for campcraft and all other logical things that my small brain takes a long time to comprehend. And thank you, especially jx, for covering for me my sewing for the presents~! because i suck at sewing so thank you, I know it's really sian to sew so (omg pun not intended!) much :D (though i'd like to add for people that may jump to conclusions, I do my part for presents, just that it's not so sian because i don't sew!) and sqms, i know i can be impulsive and insensitive sometimes, so I'm really sorry for hurting your feelings many times ):
Jiexi: Hello ex-classmate cum squadmate cum msp mate lol(: I can think of a few innovative ways to start this para, including the first sentence you said to me in Sec One >:) but I'm a nice person ho ho ho. anw idk why but i think we bonded quite a bit this year! I think it was CIP, like braving all the sianness and eye pain and shoulder pain and exhaustion together! shi gao yu wo~ haha! even though you may say that i'm childish sometimes you are too, you know. -.- like the stupid fairy thing. and i think we may always have those crazy malay moments and occasional malay accent haha (kek cake etc). (: i will always rmb the times we went to the comp lab to play neopets/dragon fable every recess lol. we had to earn at least 10,000 np per day lol! and your stupid shoyru. my jub jub is better than your shoyru. and rmb that time we walked around the canteen trying to catch _'s attention cuz we had a question to ask but we didn't feel like greeting hahaha. lol you were always an amusing deskmate and friend yah. sorry for singing during math and other assorted lessons! i would have been damn annoyed if i were you. and OM times too! O: our super fail FRESH hahhaa. yeh i never thought i'd be saying this, but thanks for nagging! or i think i would have forgotten lots of things heheheh. lol awkward but you're a great friend yeah. we must keep in touch k :D looking forward to vietnam trip lol :)
Hui Peng: squadmate cum classmate (: i've bonded lots with you last year and this! i know you put in a lot of effort this year :) especially for fx and 44 and actually, every aspect of NP (: sometimes you make me feel really ashamed haha. thanks for tolerating my annoying-ness when i talk about erm. idk if you get my drift. yeah when i talk about whether i freak people out and complaining about how disappointing i am and how i let everyone down etc. i hope you know what i'm talking about~ and yeah thanks for being patient with me when I'm slow! haha and thanks for being a great honorary member or logistics, I still think you would have made a much better logistics head than I was, just that your talent was required elsewhere. heh. sorry for being annoying when i tease you, i hope you know I don't mean it (: my mind doesn't rest if i'm not teasing/annoying someone. you're a great listening ear yeah. and i like your super lame sense of humour, lol! your performance ideas are always (y) (: you are like the person with the most chou3 shi4 in our squad lor! haha like running away from people and bowing to people and saying "why should i tell you" to people! HAHA. although you can be a little annoying when you get ma'amish, i guess you were just trying to do well for the unit in your way (which is really effective haha) just like how the rest of us tried to do well for the unit in our own ways! oh and jy for our last leg of NP, QUIZ (: we can do it okay~ we can and must and will!
TSN: hey tsn! I admit i'm not as close to you as i am to the other two, but i guess that's because we haven't been together as much? like you weren't my classmate unlike jx and hp. and I guess i'm not good at making convos, so sometimes between you and me it's just like. ... haha. but that doesn't mean i won't miss you~ your craziness has exploded in this 4 years! or maybe you've just let us see your craziness more and more over the years! and your organizational skills are damn good lol(: and seriously seriously seriously you're not fail okay! you've put in a lot of effort and we all know it(: especially cuz you don't really like to talk and all, so it must have taken a lot (: and i honestly think you did a real good job(: i'm not bluffing. haha. yeah and i guess i owe you lots of apologies, cuz i'm really insensitive and sometimes i say stupid things that i don't really mean. i know that this probably doesn't change how things were and i shouldn't dig up the past, but yeah I'm really sorry): i hope you understand! heh and we will always rmb being the 2 people GOH for POP yeah. epic ttm.
yeah so squadmates, we didn't know each other at all when we first joined NP (with the exception of jx for me), and looking back, I don't think we knew we would ever become... idk there's no adequate word for it. I don't think we knew we would ever become... squadmates lol lol. our squad is unique in many ways... like having gone for more squad outings than squad lunches (in sch). And the many many memorable sessions we've had drinking bubble tea after act just because someone got hungry. Saying we would go home at 6 but going home at 7+ instead. Saying we wouldn't go back for bubble tea in the next few weeks but ending up going again the next week! and how other squads go shopping/kbox/movies for outings but we go to botanic gardens to feed birds -.- we must keep in touch yeah (: we haven't gone for our annual expensive squad lunch yet! and i really hope that we can go overseas together after a levels (; i have 2 years to convince my parents lol.
43: First, thank you for the POP :D we know it was on short notice, so it's awesome you all managed to organize POP well :) and thank you for your presents, the notes were really touching :,D though i wish that they weren't anon! and CT, esp CT2 de! Thank you (again) for the memories! (fob fob fob) it's been more than a year, but CT2 will always be one of the most memorable times in my NP life (: and yes I know the thing on the pillow is a unicorn~
(edit:) oh 43, I'd like to thank you as well, for what jiexi said in an earlier post! I'm sorry you all have had to work so hard, participating in so many competitions and events and juggling all your commitments for the unit's sake, just because our squad is so small ): thank you very, very much(: you all have worked hard :D
As the squad that is just one year after us, we've witnessed you all grow from cadets to cadet leaders, from strangers to squadmates(: finally, our squad has made it through NCOship, and it's your turn now (: though i haven't spent much time with your squad as an NCO, i know that you all are very dedicated to the unit, so as long as you all motivate each other and keep that passion burning strong, you all will be able to lead the unit well (: jiayou for this one year, looking forward to see the unit grow under you :D
44: Although it was for a really short period of time, I have taken your squad from late last year to early this year, before 45 came in (: and it's been really fun and eye-opening taking you all! yal have really improved and matured a lot from last year! and somehow, your squad has retained your Sec One cuteness (: thanks for the mr taxi performance! haha I KNOW it was my idea, but you all didn't have to do it(: thank you thank you! I'll remember your SNSD performances, and hopefully I'll be there to see your perf next year as well~ and thank you for the presents! it must have been hard to do so much for a squad of 7! our squad understands (: ^^
45: Thank you, 45 for the really cute pixie performance hahah :) and the notes and presents were really touching and sweet, though in a goosebumps rou ma way. the 2 bears you gave me are having lots of fun talking (or something) now hahah thank you :D Actually, most of the things I wanted to say, I have said, either personally or through the POP letter (: but I'd like to say more heh. It's great to see such passion for NP from you (: make sure that the passion doesn't go to waste, turn it into a driving force to work hard and do well for the unit (: and remember, always work together as a squad (: Also, although you all may not really understand now, I know that I haven't been the best NCO to you all that I could have been. I tried really hard, but maybe I didn't try hard enough. I'm really sorry! Treasure your time in the unit, looking back, it has really flown past for me! Hope to see you all 3 years down the road as proud NCOs knowing you all did well(: jiayou~
Well, this is it, I guess. This is the end of our NP life, as the squad other people will always remember as the squad with only 4. But for us, our squad has been so much more. We will never have to march again, never have to pick up a rifle again, never have to pitch a tent or flag together again. I will miss acts with you three crazy people and with ma'ams and cadets as well. I will even miss the smelly hairnets, the out-of-tune songs, our lame squad cheer we never cheered unless we absolutely had to, the way my beret squeezed my head until my brain felt like it had no oxygen and the very very yellow PT kit. There were many rifts, especially this year, with each other, and many times we felt angry and sad and discouraged... but we did it in the end.
this has been a post.
erntian(:
Batch 42
tag! <3
tag! <3
Tagboard
tag here >D
Sir George the Third <3
feed him tasty hay and clovers xD

April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
May 2011
July 2011
August 2011
October 2011
November 2011
December 2011
January 2012
March 2012
July 2012
August 2012
September 2013
designer DancingSheep
feed him tasty hay and clovers xD
Archives
tale as old as time. .
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
May 2011
July 2011
August 2011
October 2011
November 2011
December 2011
January 2012
March 2012
July 2012
August 2012
September 2013
Credits.
thank you!.
designer DancingSheep